DIYPR: Publicity Bootcamp
save time. save money. get attention.
starts october 17 @ pregame
this Fall, diypr is in portland for the first time ever. get pumped because you're about to get pressed.
You have a strong idea. You’re ready for more. It’s time for you to get attention, from tastemaker buzz to media coverage to audience growth.
You have four choices:
1. Spend $10,000+ every month on a top tier PR firm.
2. Spend $5,000+ every month on a boutique PR firm.
3. Spend $80,000+ every year on an in-house publicist.
We CAN SHOW YOU HOW TO DO PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL PUBLICITY FOR YOUR COMPANY, YOUR ORGANIZATION, YOUR EVENT, OR YOURSELF.
I’m Ciara Pressler and I taught myself how to be a publicist, then proceeded to get myself and my clients rockstar placements on TV, radio, podcasts, print, and digital media. After creating PR game plans for companies, events, organizations, books, and films from Portland to LA to New York, I know these three things:
- Everyone wants press, buzz, and a bigger audience.
- Not everyone is ready to hire a publicist or PR firm.
- There are things you can do yourself to start getting attention *the right way* before you get to that point.
The solution? Break down the step by step process to creating a pressworthy brand, all in one intensive, action-oriented class designed for people who are creative and innovative — but too busy to mess around.
My passion is helping great ideas get a fighting chance in this over-saturated world by giving them a strong marketing strategy and a process to back it up. I am convinced that dedication to connecting with your audience consistently and authentically is the difference between sustainability and struggle.
DIYPR is for you if you value time, money, and results.
Entrepreneurs: protect your investment and get attention for your idea.
Thought Leaders: establish yourself as a go-to expert, book speaking engagements, and get published.
Up & Coming Communicators: get the practical skills they didn't teach you in college.
Marketing Professionals: get PR skills and add value to your company (=security to your job).
Event Producers: get our complete marketing plan structure to maximize attendance and attention.
Creatives & Artists: get everything you need for promoting yourself and your work.
DIYPR IS DESIGNED TO GIVE YOU THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO GET THE ATTENTION YOU DESERVE.
It’s about knowing exactly what you need to do and how to do it with strategy and style. You will walk away with:
- The Publicity Department: every tool you need to attract and land media attention
- Press List: Exactly how to create your customized contact list of media outlets and journalists
- Pitch Perfect: how to craft a persuasive pitch
- Social Media Strategy: when and how to leverage social media to get coverage
- Event Strategy: how to use events to get more attention and build your audience
- Expert Status: positioning yourself to be a go-to media expert
- BONUS: Event Promotion Template: my timeline of everything you need to do before, during, and after an event to maximize its marketing value
- BONUS: Press Kit review and recommendations
- BONUS: Q&A with local media experts who know the scene inside and out
- BONUS: Online Access to exclusive recorded interviews with top-tier PR pros
GET TRAINED BY THE PEOPLE WHO DO THIS ON THE DAILY.
All of our guest experts are PR pros with extensive experience landing major coverage and exposure for clients from individuals to major brands. I’ve personally worked with each of them and seen both their process and results. Collectively, we have placed clients in hundreds of national and regional outlets, including television, radio, print, and digital.
GET YOUR entire PUBLICITY DEPARTMENT launched IN Just 30 DAYS.
People who are making things happen don’t have time for a long-term commitment. This course is designed be an MBA in Getting Sh*t Done so you have what you need as quickly as possible. You will be overwhelmed. You will have homework. But in less than a month, you will have everything I’ve learned about effective publicity, from the tools to the process to the contacts.
In-person classes are Wednesdays at 1pm at Pregame HQ in the Pearl District and Guest Expert Interviews are via Google Hangout on Mondays at 4pm Pacific.
Five in-person sessions plus a virtual library of interviews with media experts with years of experience in PR and journalism.
THE PR DEPARTMENT
Wednesday, October 17
• Essential PR elements
• How to write a press release
• What should be in your press kit
• Photo and Video that get media love
• Extras that get attention
Wednesday, October 24
• How to pitch a journalist
• How to write persuasively
• How to connect with reporters when they need you most
• Pitching via email vs phone vs in person
• Creating newsworthy stories
• How to follow up aggressively without being annoying
PRESS KIT PRESENTATION
Wednesday, October 31
Get real-time feedback on your Press Kit and Media Materials.
EVENTS, SOCIAL, AND SEASONAL PROMOTIONS
Wednesday, November 7
• Producing a press-worthy event
• Step-by-step Event Marketing Checklist
• How to get around competition in your category
• Crisis management: dealing with problem people, online reviews, and more
• Leveraging social media as your news feed
• Creating strategic partnerships to expand your reach
Wednesday, November 14
• Promoting yourself: what to do when you are your product
• Positioning yourself as a media expert
• Interview prep + creating talking points
• Publishing + distributing content
• Winning awards
• Building cred beyond Portland
i've got 99 problems but a pitch ain't one: DIYPR gets Results, player.
DIYPR BEGINS october 17 AND IS LIMITED TO 8 COMPANIES.
We keep it tight so you can get what you need to shine. Complete the form below to apply – we’re curating a strong group to make sure everyone benefits.
Course Fee: $1297
Includes Course, Materials, and BONUS One-on-One Session to use when you need it.
Register by September 30: $997
Pregame Members: $497
Apply for Pregame Membership
Game on, players. Let's get you the attention you deserve.
Strategy & style,
let's do this! DIYPR Application
Fill this out and hit submit, then we'll contact you with next steps. Pregame Member? No application necessary, just contact us to register.